Tuesday, 2 February 2016

7 Vows of an Indian Marriage

7 Wedding Vows
Indian Marriage is the most solemn and sacred event in one’s life. Our society performs it with big soberness and seriousness along with many rituals and customs depending upon religion, caste and languages of particular community. India being a vast country, various communities have their own traditions and culture to follow those rituals. These rituals have their own background and reasons and therefore cannot be done away with.

These customs and rituals start taking place as soon as the bride and the groom get engaged. Most important rituals take place on the main wedding day. 7 Vows or Pheras ceremony is one such important ritual and is widely regarded as the essence of the marriage between two strange persons. Both Bride and Groom take 7 promises mutually to ensure a happy, peaceful and prosperous married life. These 7 promises/pheras are taken before Havan Kund making God, Priests and the nearer and dearer of both the families, as the witnesses.
These promises bind the two souls in an unseen bondage for their whole lifetime for each other’s welfare. The bride sits to the left of the groom before the pheras and moves to the right once pheras are completed.

The vows exchanged during the Seven Vows are as under:

7 Vow in Indian Wedding

1. Groom:
You will offer me food and be cooperative in every way. I will relish you and provide wellbeing and pleasure to you and our children.
    Bride:
I shall be accountable for all the household tasks.

2. Groom:
Together, we both will care and look after our house & children.
    Bride:
I will always be by your side and will express joy in your contentment. Similarly, you will be in love with me solely.

Indian Wedding 2

3. Groom:
We will strive to grow prosperous and provide for the best education of our children. May our children live long.
    Bride:
I will love you solely for my lifetime with you as my husband. Every other man in my life will be secondary and I swear to remain faithful.

4. Groom:
You have brought holiness into my life, and have completed me. May we be blessed with good and dutiful children.
    Bride:
I will shower you with joy and endeavor to please you in every possible mode.

7 Pheras

5. Groom:
You will continue to be my best friend, and well-wisher. You have come into my life, inspiring it. May God kindly bless you.
    Bride:
I promise to love and appreciate you for as long as I live. Your happiness is my happiness, and your sorrow is my sorrow. I will trust and respect you, and will try hard to carry out all your wishes.

6. Groom:
May you be filled with joy and peace?
    Bride:
You will always find me be by your side.

7 Wedding Promises

7. Groom:
We are now husband and wife, and are one. You are mine and I am yours for ever.
    Bride:
As God is witness, I am now your wife. We will love, respect and appreciate each other forever.

With these sacred 7 Vows, the Bride & Groom get married and look forward to a Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous married life.

Indian Wedding 1



For updates on Our New Posts, Join our Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/wedplaneta